|JOB DESCRIPTION:||Product Marketing Manager|
|REPORTS TO:||Director of Retail Marketing|
|Apply Now - Please attach your resume and cover letter|
|The Product Marketing Manager develops and successfully implements the short- and long-term strategies for the product category through data-driven decision-making, product life cycle, product development and brand management. Works closely with the Sales team to develop strategies to drive business, taking into account consumer, customer, and company needs.|
- Overall business management, including short, medium and long-term strategic planning in cooperation with management.
- Develop annual marketing plans to meet revenue and profitability targets.
- Commission market research, category, trend and competitive analyses to identify consumer needs and insights that create compelling new product/marketing opportunities and that refine brand positioning and development.
- Continually monitor business trends, identify opportunities and risks and make recommendations to drive business to meet objectives, through new product development.
- Work with Sales teams to ensure all category initiatives are maximized to their full potential in all channels through product line reviews, new product launches and promotions.
- Conduct timely analysis of sales performance (POS) and execute effective reaction tactics.
- Be a product champion creating internal and external enthusiasm for the product line.
- Effectively interface with upper-management, purchasing, customers, vendors, and outside contacts as an expert for the brand/category.
- Prepare presentations on a regular basis which are capable of selling and supporting your ideas through all levels of the business and customers.
- Conduct thorough analysis of all data, synthesizing data into action-oriented short- and long-term category growth plans, including but not limited to new product development, competitive gap filling and cost containment.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- B.A./B.S. in Business Administration or Marketing.
- Minimum five years in product/brand management, preferably in the consumer product goods industry.
- Familiarity with manufacturing and operations, preferably with overseas manufacturing environments.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to comprehend and interpret complex data.
- Strong project management skills, with ability to prioritize and meet deadlines with acute attention to detail.
- Hands on experience with brand/product management basics - product positioning, pricing, messaging and packaging.
- Willingness and ability to work in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment, with high sense of urgency.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively across all levels within the organization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint).